COVID-19 Important Information
We are open and here for you!
As Australia eases into a COVID-normal 2021, National Windscreens continues to support your auto glass needs. With COVID-safe practices implemented across all our locations, you can rest assured we have the safety of our Customers, Staff and Community as our highest priority.
We are committed to the health and well-being of our employees, customers, suppliers and communities, and have implemented a number of precautionary steps based on the Government’s advice.
Increased hygiene procedures
- Increased our office and site cleaning frequency.
- Hand sanitiser has been provided at all branches for use upon entering and exiting the building.
- Technicians must wear disposable gloves throughout the installation, and may sanitise your vehicle’s high-touch areas such as door handles, steering wheel if required.
- If contact is unavoidable, to use hand sanitiser and/or wash hands immediately after contact, and before and after every job.
- All tools and work areas are wiped down and cleaned upon job completion.
- Our Management team are constantly monitoring the health and well-being of our employees and repairer network.
Booking a job
- As an added precautionary measure, our team will ask a series of health-related questions prior to confirmation of your appointment:
- Have you, or anyone in your household tested positive for COVID-19, or are awaiting test results?
- Do you fall into a category where you should be self-isolating for COVID-19? For example, close contact with someone tested positive for COVID-19, been advised to self-isolate, or recently arrived back in Australia from overseas (last 14 days)?
- Do you, or anyone living with you, have any flu-like symptoms, a fever, cough, or shortness of breath?
- Depending on your answers provided, we will work with you on the best way forward to support your needs.
- If you only start to develop flu-like symptoms such as coughing, sneezing, fever or shortness of breath, after your appointment has been confirmed, please call us immediately on 1300 36 36 32 so we can help make alternative arrangements.
- An SMS confirming your appointment will be sent and now includes additional information on COVID-19, requesting you to contact us ASAP if they are in isolation or have been in contact with a person who has been tested positive for COVID-19 so the job can be rescheduled.
In order to comply with the social distancing guidelines recommended by the Government, we will be encouraging customers to prepay for their job to avoid (or minimise where possible) the physical exchange of cash or cheques.
During the Job
- On arrival, our technician will be asking the same health questions asked at the time of your booking, to ensure your circumstances have not changed.
- Prior to commencing work, they will let you know exactly what steps they will undertake to complete the job and clean all surfaces in their work area upon completion.
- Social distancing with customers will be adhered to (e.g. maintain 2 metre distance and no hand-shaking etc).
- To minimise the risk of contamination via the sharing of pens, our technicians will cease requesting customer signatures at job completion.
Please rest assured that we have your best interest in mind and will endeavour to provide the highest level of service we have always been known for. Provided you do not answer yes to any of the health screening questions, we are still able service your vehicle as normal. Our increased safety measures have been put in place to protect you, our employees and the wider community. We appreciate your understanding and patience during this challenging time.
Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us at anytime on 1300 36 36 32.