Terms & Conditions
Terms of Website Use
- Copyright and Trademarks
- Third Party Materials
- Accuracy of Information
- Liability and indemnity
- Commitment to Privacy
- What Personal Data do we collect?
- How we collect your Personal Data?
- How will we Use and Disclose your Personal Data?
- Email and Text
- Cross-border Disclosure of Personal Data
- How can I Access or Amend my Personal Data?
- Storage and Security of your Personal Data
- Changes to this Policy
- Contacting Us
Non-Serviceable Vehicles – Terms & Conditions
- All Makes & Models
Operations & Service Timeframes – Terms & Conditions
- Next Day or Free
- Emergency Service 24/7 – Whenever
- Request a Quote
- Free Windscreen Inspection Service
Lifetime Guarantee – Terms & Conditions
- Lifetime Warranty
- Conditions of Warranty
- Windscreen Repairs
- Windscreen & Glass Replacement
- Rust Repair Warranty
- Process for Warranty Claims
Terms of Website Use
These Terms & Conditions govern the use of this Website. By browsing our Website, you agree to be legally bound by these Terms & Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms & Conditions, please discontinue use of our Website.
1.1 You must only use this Website in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and any applicable laws.
1.2 You must not:
a) use this Website to disparage, defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise offend others;
b) publish, distribute, email, transmit or disseminate any material which is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, indecent, offensive or inappropriate;
c) engage in or promote any surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, unsolicited emailing or spamming via our Website;
d) impersonate any person or entity; or
e) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available using the Website any material that you do not have a right to make available under any law or contractual obligation or which contains viruses, or other computer codes, files or programs designed to interrupt, limit or destroy the functionality of other computer software or hardware.
2. Copyright and Trademarks
2.1 The Website and the material on this Website are subject to copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights.
2.2 You must not copy any of the material on this Website or link to the Website, except as permitted by law or with our prior written consent.
2.3 The National Windscreens logo is an unregistered trademark of National Windscreens. Other trademarks belonging to third parties may be displayed on the Website. Nothing displayed on the Website should be construed as granting any licence or right of use of any logo or trademark displayed on the Website, without the express written permission of the relevant owner.
3. Third Party Materials
3.1 The material that features on our Website may include content from third parties and/or links to other websites, including authorised or licensed branding. Because we may have limited control over third party websites or material, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such websites or material, and that we do not endorse or warrant the accuracy of any such websites or material, and shall in no way be liable or responsible for any material on such websites. You further acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible or liable in any way for any damages you incur or allege to have incurred, either directly or indirectly, as a result of your use and/or reliance upon any materials on such websites.
4. Accuracy of Information
4.1 All material on the Website is provided in good faith. It is believed to be accurate and current as at the date of publication. Your use of the Website is at your own risk. National Windscreens does not represent or warrant that material available on the Website will be uninterrupted, timely or secure, or that the material will be accurate, reliable and error free (nor will we accept any responsibility arising in any way for errors in, or omissions from that material).
6.1 Individual advertisers are solely responsible for any advertising material which is submitted to us and published on the Website, including ensuring that it complies with relevant legislation.
6.2 The opinions and statements expressed in any advertisement are the opinions of the individual advertises and are not necessarily our opinions. We accept no responsibility for the content of any advertising material published on this Website.
7.1 You agree to indemnify National Windscreens, our agents, partners, contractors or third parties against any and all loss, liability, claim or demand arising out of or in connection with your use and access to the Website.
8. Liability and indemnity
8.1 You will indemnify National Windscreens if we suffer any loss or damage or incur any costs in connection with your breach of these Terms & Conditions or any other legal obligation by you or your use of or conduct on the Website.8.2 National Windscreens does not exclude any rights and remedies available to you in terms of the Competition and Consumer Act (Cth) or any similar State or Territory legislation in relation to the provision of any goods or services by us via the Website which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified.
8.3 To the extent permitted by law, our liability for breach of any implied warranty or condition which cannot be excluded is restricted, at our option, to:
a) in the case of services supplied or offered by us:
i. the re-supply of those services; or
ii. the payment of the cost of having those services re-supplied; and
b) in the case of goods supplied or offered by us:
i. the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods; or
ii. the repair of the goods;
iii. the payment of the cost of having the goods replaced; or
iv. the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired.
8.4 Variations: These Terms may be varied from time to time. Please ensure that you review these Terms regularly as you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you continue to use the site after it has been posted.8.5 Applicable law: The material on this Website is provided for Australian residents only. These Terms & Conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Victoria, Australia.
1. Commitment to Privacy
2. What Personal Data do we collect?
2.1 The types of Personal Data we collect will vary depending on the nature of your dealings with National Windscreens. This information may include your:
• Name, address, and contact details;
• Credit card and/or payment details;
• Vehicle details including make, model, registration number, vehicle identification number (VIN), year of manufacture;
• Vehicle leasing arrangements (if it is a leased vehicle);
• Insurance policy details (if it is an insurance job).2.2 If you deal with us in another capacity (for example, as a supplier or job applicant), we may collect your name, contact details and any other information you choose or are required to provide.
3.1 Generally, it is not possible for us to transact and do business with you unless we have identified you. Wherever it is lawful and practicable to do so, we may offer you the opportunity to deal with us anonymously. For example, when you are browsing our Website. If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide you with appropriate services or fulfil another applicable purpose.
4. How we collect your Personal Data?
4.1 We collect Personal Data from you when:
• You interact with our customer service team, for example, via our online enquiry form, or correspondence via fax, emails, telephone calls, letters, or face-to-face meetings;
• You submit an enquiry or booking form via the National Windscreens website;
• You book a job through your insurance company – we will be required to lodge a claim on your behalf and obtain payment from your insurer;
• You book a job and you have a fleet or leased vehicle – we will need to arrange for payment collection from your lease/fleet provider;
• You use any of our related services, such as subscribing to our newsletter or product notifications;
• You accept our cookies and other tracking technologies on your device (cookies are messages sent through your web browser which provides us with insight as to which areas of our Website are accessed – we use this information to improve usability);
• You interact with us on Social Media sites and ‘like’ or comment on our posts, or send us a private message;
• You enter into an agreement with National Windscreens as a supplier or an accounts customer and we are required to conduct appropriate checks;
• You participate in our promotions or any request for additional Personal Data such as customer surveys;
• Your authorised representative submits your Personal Data to us for any purpose reasonably authorised by you, for example if such representative is requesting our services on your behalf;
5. How will we Use and Disclose your Personal Data?
5.1 We may use and disclose your Personal Data to our agents, partners, contractors or third parties for a variety of purposes necessary to conduct our business and service our customers, including but not limited to:
• Maintaining, protecting and improving our technology, products and services, continuously monitoring their effectiveness;
• Processing your order and payment for our products or services;
• Engaging our agents, partners, contractors and third parties to perform windscreen repairs or replacements;
• Processing refunds in accordance with our Terms and Conditions;
• Communicating with you in relation to your enquiries and feedback;
• Monitoring and enforcing compliance with our Terms and Conditions, including dispute resolution;
• Carrying out administration, marketing, planning, fraud detection activities, procurement, quality control and research to improve the way we provide products and services to you;
• Improving your customer experience across all touchpoints and training our customer service team, by recording and monitoring phone calls for example;
• Engaging mail houses who print and distribute correspondence to you (with your consent).
5.2 In all circumstances where National Windscreens engages third parties to provide services, we take reasonable steps to protect the privacy of any data disclosed to those parties.
5.3 National Windscreens may share non-personal, aggregate, or summary information about you with our business partners or other third parties. For example, we might provide a count of our windscreen repairs jobs for a particular area within a given period.
5.4 We do not sell or disclose your Personal Data to others for the purpose of allowing them to direct market their products and services.
6. Email and Text
6.1 We may send you an email, SMS or call you via telephone to confirm or amend booking times as required, and to communicate information relating to the services being provided.
7. Cross-border Disclosure of Personal Data
7.1 Some of our service providers are located overseas, which means Personal Data collected and held by National Windscreens may be transferred overseas. As an example, we use service providers located overseas to host our finance and customer relationship management (“CRM”) systems.
8. How can I Access or Amend my Personal Data?
9. Storage and Security of your Personal Data
9.1 We store Personal Data in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper-based files and other records. If you are in contact with our customer service team via telephone, calls will be recorded and backed up. We have taken numerous steps to protect your Personal Data from modification, disclosure, misuse, loss and unauthorised access.
9.2 Additionally, we take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify Personal Data when we no longer need it.
10. Changes to this Policy
10.1 Changes and updates to this Policy will be published on our website, and you may wish to refer to this page from time to time for latest information on Privacy. Alternatively, you may request a copy by contacting us on 1300 36 36 32 or emailing us at email@example.com.
11. Contacting Us
24 Thomson Street
South Melbourne VIC 3205
Upon receipt of your complaint, we will investigate and respond in writing within 30 working days.
In the event you are unsatisfied with the response from National Windscreens, you can escalate your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Phone: 1300 363 992
- Vehicles excluded from service by National Windscreens include buses and trucks exceeding a 3-tonne load capacity.
- Modified and/or accessorised vehicles may incur additional costs if accessories need to be removed to enable access to the windscreen (customer must sign a waiver to exclude National Windscreens from any damage beyond our control), or if the job falls under a two-person job requirement due to the size of the windscreen. Examples of modifications to a vehicle may include a ute that has been raised or a motorhome where the roof overhangs the windscreen. Examples of accessories include snorkels, aerials, lights, roll bars and roof racks that may have been installed near or on the windscreen.
- Serviceability of all vehicles is assessed by a qualified technician on a case-by-case basis in accordance with OH&S restrictions and sole discretion is retained by National Windscreens. Further charges may apply for vehicles which exceed height and width limits due to OH&S restrictions.
Operations & Service Timeframes – Terms & Conditions
1. Next Day or Free
1.1 Bookings need to be made with our Contact Centre before 12pm to be eligible for Next Day Service. The offer must be mentioned at the time of booking. ‘Next Day’ refers to business days and excludes Australian public holidays. Bookings made on Friday will receive Monday service. Does not apply to weekend bookings. Applies to Melbourne metro jobs only. Aftermarket car glass and chip repairs only. Subject to glass availability. Guarantee will not apply if customer rejects or reschedules booking time. Some appointment times may be outside of standard business hours (additional charges may apply).
2. Emergency Service 24/7 – Whenever
2.1 Applies to Melbourne metro jobs only and is subject to glass availability. Additional charges may apply for jobs outside of standard business hours.
3.1 National Windscreens offers a nationwide service, however, some remote areas do not have access to a mobile service, and may require the customer to bring their vehicle to the nearest Repairer for service. Remote areas may experience longer delays.
4. Request a Quote
4.1 Quotes provided via email or phone by a National Windscreens representative are an indicative cost based on the information provided by the Customer at the time. Quoted prices may be subject to change upon our technicians sighting the extent of the damage, and effort required to repair or replace the glass.
5. Free Windscreen Inspection Service
5.1 Subject to availability. Bookings are recommended.
Lifetime Guarantee – Terms & Conditions
1. Lifetime Warranty
1.1 National Windscreens is proud to provide a Lifetime Warranty on windscreen repairs and replacements, provided the original paying customer is still in ownership of (or leasing) the vehicle at the time of the warranty claim, and upon presentation of proof of purchase.1.2 Our goods and services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or a refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the good repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
1.3 Should the product(s) installed be found to have a manufacturing or workmanship defect undetected at the time of installation, it will be replaced free of charge at a time mutually agreed by both parties.
2. Conditions of Warranty
2.1 National Windscreens will honour warranty claims upon presentation of the original tax invoice/receipt or other reasonable proof of purchase by us.2.2 Warranty claims for defects in products or workmanship must be brought to the attention of National Windscreens within 14 days of discovering the defect and will be remedied in accordance with these Terms & Conditions.
2.3 Glass breakages not directly resulting from improper windscreen installation, such as vehicle collision, rust, pre-existing damage, stone impact, improper use or abuse, such as driving the vehicle before the recommended safe drive away time (as advised by us) has expired, are not covered under the Lifetime Warranty.
2.4 Our Lifetime Warranty applies to service performed by National Windscreens only and does not apply to unrelated vehicle issues and/or pre-existing conditions. The Lifetime Warranty is automatically deemed null and void if anyone other than National Windscreens attempts to repair damage the customer alleges to have been caused by improper repair or installation by National Windscreens. This is recorded against the job, and National Windscreens will declare that the Lifetime Warranty has been permanently voided.
3. Windscreen Repairs
3.1 Where possible, it is advisable to repair rather than replace a windscreen as early as possible following the damage occurring to avoid the chip turning into a crack. The repair usually leaves a small mark which does not interfere with the driver’s vision. In some cases, the attempt to repair a windscreen can make the chip bigger or crack the windscreen due to small micro cracks from the initial impact, through no fault of the technician.3.2 Under our Lifetime Warranty, if a windscreen cracks during or after a repair service has been performed successfully, or should you be dissatisfied with the repair, we will credit the cost of the repair towards a new windscreen installation by National Windscreens.
3.3 It is the Customer’s responsibility to book in a windscreen repair as soon as a chip is detected to avoid more serious damage occurring. National Windscreens will not be liable for windscreen replacements should the glass crack between the time of the incident and the time the technician attends the job.
4. Windscreen & Glass Replacement
4.1 Fixed glass and windscreen installations on passenger vehicles are lifetime warranted against wind and water leakage, loose mouldings and stress cracks due to improper installation and will, at the discretion of National Windscreens, be repaired or replaced at no cost to you. All other fixed glass replacements are warranted for 12 months against defects from workmanship. Installations of moveable glass are warranted for 30 days against mechanical failure of operable parts. During the applicable warranty periods, National Windscreens will take reasonable steps to rectify the issue and/or replace parts free of charge.
5. Rust Repair Warranty
5.1 If rust is present, for your safety it must be addressed prior to a new windscreen being installed. If the metal has been treated by National Windscreens in preparation for a windscreen or auto glass installation, the urethane seal is warranted to remain fully intact for 12 months. Due to the cancerous nature of rust, National Windscreens cannot guarantee against its eventual return. This Warranty supersedes our Lifetime Warranty when corrosion is detected.
6. Process for Warranty Claims
6.1 National Windscreen’s Lifetime Warranty issues can be resolved by contacting 1300 36 36 32 to lodge a warranty claim. Original proof of purchase must be presented upon request. Any issues not able to be resolved directly by NW (i.e. need for third party intervention) must be approved in writing by a National Windscreens representative prior to receiving service. Payment for work undertaken by third parties will not be paid without prior authorisation. Reasonable proof of cause and damage must be provided on all third-party warranty claims. Our Lifetime warranty is expressly limited to the original purchase price of the products and services provided.6.2 Our Lifetime Warranty is written and backed by National Windscreens directly. Under no circumstances shall National Windscreens, its agents, partners, contractors and third parties be liable for incidental or consequential damages.
6.3 If you would like to lodge a warranty claim, you must contact us as soon as you become aware of the issue(s) and we will arrange for an inspection and/or organise to fix the damage, either at one of our branches or at a location of your choice – home, work, or wherever you are (subject to availability – remote areas may not have mobile service and may experience longer delays).
Last Updated: May 2019